Friday, December 11, 2009

Revlon ColorSilk / Frost & Glow questions?

I have two questions... I bought Revlon ColorSilk in Dark Blonde (61) and the Frost %26amp; Glow for blondes today. My first intention was to use the Frost %26amp; Glow for crown/face highlights, and then the ColorSilk for lowlights in the underlayers.


My first question is... Does this sound like a good idea? The Frost %26amp; Glow has the cap and hook thing, and I figured I'd use that for both colorings.








But then I was thinking about it, and I was wondering if I'd rather just dye everything with the ColorSilk and then add the Frost %26amp; Glow on top.. But is it safe to color and highlight at home? Will it turn a gross color? Should I wait a while before highlighting, and if so, how long?





Final question.... what do you think? All over color and highlights, or highlights and lowlights? My hair is naturally golden blonde.Revlon ColorSilk / Frost %26amp; Glow questions?
Daily I do an all over color on my clients and follow with highlighting over the top. I love the look. When it comes to using the cap, just make sure that your hair is bone dry before you put it on. It can be painful trying to pull damp hair through. Another thing, when you have applied the lightener, don't rush the processing. Because you have just colored the hair, it might take a little longer to get to the blonde that you desire. Just keep the product wet, and wait. Do not let the hair reach the white stage. It will melt. As long as you keep the lightener moist, it will stay active for up to 2 hours. Condition. condition, condition!Revlon ColorSilk / Frost %26amp; Glow questions?
I dye my hair from home all the time with no problems, it always looked great. But one time I tried to highlight my hair and it was a disaster, somehow the entire crown of my head got a huge streak from the dye and it looked like a skunk (and I was very careful to not have them touch). The same thing happened to a friend of mine. So I would be careful with thie highlights. Good luck though!
idk
  • trojan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin disease